Tuesday, April 04, 2006

hausmusic

Still aching after the fact, but the deed is done, i'm moved into my new pad, all my furniture is build up and my music desk, speakers and mixer are nicely laid out. My adsl and wireless is all connected up. Woo! wireless - new thing for me, just got my Airport Express card last week before moving in, so i was all ready. I got the adsl from Wanadoo, so the router they give you is also a wireless base station plus VoIP device which you can just plug a regular touch-tone phone into and use. Actually, kudos to Wanadoo, the whole setup was pretty painless and straightforward, apart from requiring the use of a Windows PC for the initial setup, but that was fine as one of my new housemates has a PC we used.
I still found time to go out on friday night to the De-sonis Kranky Records special. Me, Mat and Keung all went down, and had an amazing time. Great performances by Rameses III, Boduf Songs, and then headlining was Greg Kowalsky, whose recent 'Through The Cardial Window' album i have been really enjoying. I would like to write more about it, but i'm knackered and hitting the sack. Anyhoo, check the De-sonis site at http://www.no-signal.net/desonis/

I have also found myself returning quite continually to the Nathan Fake album "Drowning In A Sea Of Love" after initially being quite dissapointed in it. I still dont love it, at least consciously, but it must have something, cos i keep craving to listen to it. Maybe he used MSG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home